Skip to content
- Recently represented numerous Presidents and Academic Deans joining Public and Private universities. Negotiate various employment and benefits related agreements with issues unique to academia.
- Represented Major League Soccer Team in the hiring of new CEO. Drafted Employment Agreement involving substantial incentive and performance based compensation.
- Represented team of individuals leaving Fortune 500 company to form technology start-up. Negotiated various departing compensation related issues (including payment of deferred compensation), reduction of post-employment restrictions and various transitional issues.
- Represented team of doctors joining a national practice group. Negotiated terms of individual employment agreements including payment of sign-on bonuses.
- Represented several hedge fund managers leaving established funds to form own funds. Negotiated separation agreements including deferred payments, non-competition and non-solicitation provisions and various other transitional issues.
- Advised and drafted employee bonus plan for leading New York City restaurant group.
- In addition to the aforementioned, we have represented teams and individuals, with respect to various employment related issues, joining or leaving a broad range of industries including but not limited to; banking, technology, manufacturing, health care, hotel management, construction, television, sports and education.
- Obtained a $4.5 million dollar arbitration award after two days of hearings for a former shareholder against corporation alleging breach of shareholders’ agreement and unjust enrichment for the unpaid redemption value of his shares.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of client against former employee seeking payment of alleged unpaid revenue and incentive bonuses.
- Obtained favorable settlement for client seeking guaranteed payout after commencing FINRA arbitration claim against international investment bank.
- Negotiated reduction of non-compete provision allowing client to commence employment with competing company.
- Defended Proprietary Trading Firm in litigation involving former partners alleging failure to pay equity interest and bonuses.
- Obtained favorable settlement after commencing litigation on behalf of client for failure to receive proper benefits under employee retirement/benefits plans.
- Obtained judgment against leading commercial real estate developer for breach of contract involving the construction of New York hotel.
- Advised and assisted numerous business start-ups with entity selection; drafts and implementation of LLC operating agreement, shareholder agreement for a variety of business ventures including e-commerce, technology and media.
- Assisted client in the dissolution of retail store partnership and subsequent litigation alleging violation of licensing agreement.
- Assisted client in the dissolution of media production company and subsequent dispute with former shareholder.
- Assisted rapidly growing start-up company in strategic partnerships/consulting agreements.
- Represented a privately held insurance company the strategic purchase of competitor.
- Represented a privately held electrical service company in its sale and negotiated former owner’s new employment/consulting agreements.
Type of Matter